This policy describes how Vetplace (Chilli Willi BV) collects and uses your information and what information should be provided to those concerned.
1. Who are we?
Chilli Willi BV is a company that manages various online media.
Within the framework of our activities and in order to work, collect, store, disclose and/or process personal data about people with whom we work and people who use our website efficiently. These may include current, former and future employees, contractors, employees, customers, suppliers and users of our website (the “Data Subjects”). In addition, we may be required by law to collect and use information in order to comply with certain legal requirements.
In order to send you customised information about your specific interest (“Mailings”), we also process your personal data.
In accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws, our company is responsible for the processing of your personal data that we process.
2. Your privacy is important to us
We value your right to privacy and strive to protect your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
We believe that the proper processing of your personal data is an integral part of our business and maintaining your trust. We fully appreciate the underlying principles of the GDPR and support and abide by its provisions.
We will comply with the data protection principles by ensuring that all your personal data is treated confidentially:
- To be processed fairly and lawfully in a transparent manner
- To be processed only for specific and limited purposes
- Adequate and relevant and their collection will be limited to the purpose for which we use your personal data. We will not process any unnecessary personal data.
- To be kept accurate and up to date
- Not to be kept longer than necessary
- Processed in accordance with your right to information, correction or deletion
- Protected by technical and organisational precautions to ensure the security of your personal data
- Not transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area unless the country to which your personal data is to be transferred provides adequate protection for your personal data.
3. From whom do we collect personal data?
As part of our services or by using our website, we may collect personal data relating to current, former and future employees, contractors, employees, customers, suppliers, visitors and registrants to our website and other persons with whom we work.
4. How do we collect personal data relating to you?
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways:
- Directly in connection with an actual or potential business or working relationship with us
- When you visit our website via cookies or
- Directly through the information you provide to us by means of contact forms or registration forms on a website or by registering for our mailings.
- Via public sources such as LinkedIn or the organisation’s corporate website
what you work for.
- From other sources, such as current and former employees of the company for which you work or colleagues, or from third parties to whom you have consented to disclose information about you
5. What personal data do we collect?
The information we collect depends on the nature of the person concerned and our relationship with that person. We may collect the following information from you:
- Personal data such as name, date of birth, sex, marital status and information about partner and children
- Contact details such as telephone number, postal or e-mail address or other contact details
- Company contact information, such as function, department and name of the company or organisation
- Payment details, including bank account number
- Areas of interest
- Opt-in/opt-out for marketing material
- Opt-in/opt-out for other mailings
- Content you provide (such as photos, articles, reviews, personal information)
- Qualifications, resume, references
- Content you make available through social media accounts, including LinkedIn or Facebook
6. For what purposes do we use your personal data?
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Management of customer or supplier files
- Execution or delivery of the services or products ordered by you
- Payment of invoices and collection of debts
- Marketing purposes
- Communication about our products, services, offers that may be of interest to you
- Filling vacancies or advertisements posted on current website
- Continuous improvement of our services
- Compliance with data protection legislation and/or applicable laws and regulations
- Protecting against and preventing fraud and unauthorised transactions
- Implementation of agreements
- Carrying out our activities (including developing new products and services, managing the accessibility of our website and carrying out accounting, auditing, invoicing and collection activities)
- Registration and follow-up of the opt-in or opt-out you have let us know, to ensure that Mailings are tailored to your needs and to ensure that you no longer receive Mailings for which you have opted out.
- To protect our rights as well as our goods or personnel
- All other purposes of processing agreed with you
If we process your personal data on the basis of your explicit consent, please note that you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time. You can do this by sending a request to email@example.com.
7. With whom do we share your personal data?
For the purposes stated above, we may share your personal data with third parties, such as banks and IT providers, or anonymously transfer the data to third parties for statistical or research purposes.
We will ensure that, where appropriate, contractual safeguards are implemented to ensure the protection of your personal data when your personal data is disclosed to a third party.
Your personal data will not normally be transferred to parties located in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Should this nevertheless be the case, appropriate measures will be taken to ensure adequate protection of your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation in Europe.
Your personal data and/or personal profiles will never be sold to third parties without your explicit consent, unless this is the subject of the entire takeover of the Website.
8. How long do we retain your personal data?
Your personal data will not be kept longer than necessary for the purposes for which we process them (we refer to the purposes mentioned above in paragraph 6).
We normally retain your personal data for the duration of the business relationship we have with you and for a period of 5 years following the end of the contract or the services provided to you. We will only retain your personal data for a longer period if we are legally obliged to do so or if this is necessary to defend our interests in the context of legal proceedings.
For Mailings, we will retain your personal data until you have informed us that you no longer wish to receive these Mailings.
9. How do we protect your personal data?
We will implement the necessary administrative, technical and organisational measures to ensure an adequate level of security for your personal data. We will protect your personal data against destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised publication or access.
These measures include the following with respect to your personal data transmitted, stored or processed in any way:
- Prevent access by unauthorised persons
- Prevention of unauthorised use or disclosure
- Ensure that persons entitled to use your personal data have access only to certain personal data, as their right of access must be in accordance with their access rights.
- Ensure that your personal data cannot be read, copied, modified or deleted by persons who do not have the appropriate authority to do so
- Ensuring that your personal data is processed only in accordance with the purposes for which your personal data are collected
- Protection against modification
- Protect against destruction or loss
- Data recovery procedures
- Security updates
We may use encryption of your personal data according to formal processes and encryption standards. We also undertake to carry out periodic risk assessments of the security controls implemented.
We will also try to ensure that we keep your personal data accurate and up to date. To this end, we request that you notify us of any changes to your personal data (such as a change in your contact details).
10. What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
You have the following rights:
- Information about and access to your personal data
- Improving your personal data
- Deletion of your personal data (‘right to be forgotten’)
- Restricting the processing of your personal data
- Objection to the processing of your personal data
- To receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to send (or have sent) your personal data to another organisation.
Read more about these rights and the circumstances in which you can exercise them below.
|Right of information and right of access to your personal data||You can request further information about our processing operations and the personal data we hold about you at any time.|
|Right of rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data||You have the right to request that we correct or complete your personal data that is incorrect or incomplete.|
|Right of deletion of your personal data (‘right to be forgotten’)||You can request us to remove (part or all of) your personal data:
In some cases we may refuse to delete your personal data:
|Right to restrict processingg||You can ask us to limit (temporarily or permanently) the processing of your personal data in the following situations:
|Right to object to the processing of your personal data||Under certain circumstances, you may object to the processing of your personal data where such processing is based on our “legitimate interests”. If we agree, we will no longer process your personal data, unless we have compelling legitimate reasons to do so, or because such processing is really necessary.
You also have the right not to be subject to profiling for marketing purposes. Exercising this right may involve the complete and definitive deletion of an account.
|Right to opt-out||If we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you can object or withdraw your consent at any time.
You may therefore change your preferences at any time after you have consented to the sending of such marketing communications. You can unsubscribe from our newsletters, change your settings or send us a request to unsubscribe from Mailings.
|Right to data transfer||In some cases, you have the right to receive all your personal data in a structured, common and machine-readable format and the right to send this data to another Processing Agent. This right applies:
The exercise of this right may involve the complete and definitive deletion of an account.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data by us with the competent privacy committee or other government institution.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use certain cookies and possibly social media plug-ins on our website. Some of them are essential to make our website work, others serve to provide you with a better, faster and safer user experience.
- Chilli Willi BV for the attention of Mr. B. Gooris, Oudeleeuwenrui 39/v2, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
- by e-mail at email@example.com